Garden-Style Stuffed Potatoes
Recipe By : APCI
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Vegetarian
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 Large Russet Potatoes -- Scrubbed
1 Medium Onion -- Chopped
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic -- Minced
2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
1 Cup Mushrooms -- Sliced
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
2 Teaspoons Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil -- Chopped
1/4 Cup Scallions -- Chopped
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Prick each potato with a fork a few times and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until soft.
3. While potatoes are baking, saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic, sunflower seeds, and mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. Add broccoli, cover and steam 1 minute.
4. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out inner flesh, leaving skins as "boats" to be stuffed.
5. Bring oven back up to 350F.
6. In a large mixing bowl, mash potatoes with a fork. Add sauteed vegetables, salt, pepper, and basil. Mix well and adjust seasonings to taste.
7. Spoon filling into potato skins, and pack firmly to form a rounded top.
This Recipe may be Frozen.
Cool Before Freezing.
Defrost Overnight, In the Refrigerator, before heating and eating.
OVEN: place on a cookie sheet, and bake 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven until hot.
MICROWAVE: Make sure all entrees are in microwave safe containers, or are placed in appropriate servings, on microwave-safe plates.
Entrees baked in aluminum containers may be removed in portions and placed on a microwave safe plate to be heated in the microwave.
Heat on medium setting approximately 3 minutes to heat evenly through the potato.
8. Serve topped with scallions and dash of paprika.
NOTES : Each year these potatoes are requested by many of our returning retreat guests. They call for reservations and ask, "Can we have those yummy potatoes again?" A satisfying meal in themselves, these potatoes are especially good served with Barley Soup and a green salad.
Serves 6 to 8